The Technique is primarily educational in nature, but learning and applying it is likely to have therapeutic benefits and preventive consequences for the health of the individual.
In particular, patients with the following conditions will benefit from applying the Technique to the extent that the way they use themselves (their cerebral and neuro-muscular systems) is a factor in the causation and/or continuance of the particular disorder.
- Backache, neckache, where posture is a factor
- Vocal disorders and vocal chord nodules
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety states (including performance anxiety)
- Functional disorders
- Temporo-mandibular joint syndrome
- Tension Headaches
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Rehabilitation after stroke, injury, operation or other treatment
- Prevention of backache during pregnancy
- Non-specific regional pain syndrome
List published here with kind permission of Dr. Miriam A Wohl mSTAT