You probably found your way to this page after trying many routes to recover from enduring chronic pain, years of sessions with a chiropractic or osteopath, or because your ‘ health specialist has said, well this might be worth a try, having left you with no other option than surgery! Or you may remember reading how the Alexander technique can help with posture. You may however be lucky and have discovered this wonderful technique early in your quest.
However you came here, rest assured you can now experience learning and recovery that is both gentle and profound.
More than 100 years ago Frederick Matthias Alexander got a whole lot right,
With the Alexander Technique you can become:
- Be Poised without stiffness
- Move gracefully with less effort
- Be alert and focussed
- let go of strain
- Recover from injury
A simple gentle and practical method for self improvement and self-help. Anyone can benefit.
You can improve how you Move, Perform, Look and Feel.
With gentle guiding hands, you learn to let go of existing muscular tension, accumulated over the years. You will re-learn ways of walking, standing and moving that reduce the strain on your body. You will be able to apply the learning in all your daily activities. Lessons are very practical and can be help in the car, while running, driving or playing golf. You gain whole life benefit and can choose a specific activity…even on horseback.
With the Alexander Technique Don has helped many people to naturally improve or overcome..
- Muscle tension and stiffness, back, neck and joint pain
- Breathing and vocal problems
- Anxiety and stress related conditions Labour and childbirth
- Tinnitus, Vertigo, Rheumatoid, Anxiety, Stress, Music Performance,
- Asthma, Injury, Ageing, Energy
- Horseriding, Golf, Swimming, Speaking and Performing.
Age is no limit! From the very young to the very elderly! Able or Less Able.
Why not browse some of the best Alexander sites here –
The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT)
Alexander Technique International (ATI)
The North American Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (NASTAT)
The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
The Shaw Method of Swimming.
Here are some of the ways you can learn –
- Private lessons – Akin to learning to drive, the AT is like lessons for lightly carrying ourselves around through everyday activity. Research has shown the greater comparative benefit from a series of A.T. lessons . Book a set of 3
- Couples – Often you will notice your partner’s misuse more easily than they do themselves. Sometimes a gentle hand on the shoulder or neck can provide just the reminder needed to engage the AT protocol. Learn how to help each other and get results for both of you.
- Build a workshop – for your group of friends, fellow professionals, team, band, theatre company.
Don has run workshops for many groups including dental practitioners, radiographers, nurses, theatre companies and beginner swimmers!
Book a demonstration talk. WE can build the event based entirely on your needs and questions.
- An MOT! Even after a course of regular lessons, clever pupils always book the next M.O.T. or check up lesson after perhaps 3 or 6 months, before they finish the series. Just like our cars we want to ensure we remain roadworthy and safe and that we haven’t fallen back into old habits of use. A regular reminder with the hands of a teacher ensures new examples of ‘poor use’ can be corrected and long-lasting benefits hold long into the future.
Maybe you had lessons a long time ago and now something has changed and you want to reclaim that learning for todays issue. Easy, you can book a full MOT or a set of 3 to get you up and running again.
- Invest in a ‘Double UP’ – 2 practitioners 2 hours 2 ,mind-Body approaches.
Nuala and Don bringing their best together into a fantastic focussed full mind- body session.Since Emotional ‘debris’ or pain often gets stored in the body, many physical conditions and indeed habits can be transformed by bringing these 2 powerful methods together. Increasingly we are excited by how much freedom and release can be achieved when we bring our best to the service of the client.
Age is no limit!!
Change the habits of a lifetime!
Read more in these brief articles –