Mature, experienced, multi-skilled IT professional, with wide-ranging experience seeking full-time / part-time opportunities in IT.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
IT EXPERTISE involving numerous software packages, and operating systems particularly MS Windows, MS Office and various hardware platforms including IBM mainframes, minis and PCs applied within:
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
- Help Desk
- Team Leadership
- End User Training
- Project Work
- Web design
Northbrook Technology Northern Ireland – Technical Consultant Sept 2001 to Present.
Maintaining a suite of COBOL, PLI, CICS automobile insurance programs on IBM mainframe computers.
Learning for Living and Arena Associates Aug 92 to Present (Part Time)
- Complete responsibility for all the computing requirements of two small businesses
- selection and purchase of all hardware and software,
- contacts database, invoicing, producing publicity materials,
- providing access to e-mail and the Web, designing and implementing a web site from raw HTML.
Alexander Technique Teacher July 96 to Present (Part Time)
In private practice promoting and teaching the Alexander Technique to individuals and groups. Building client relationships.
BT Project Control Office – Jan 91 Aug 92
Skilled Technical & Process Facilitator optimising individual and team performance in Systems Development, and advising on support software applications. Training of Quality Facilitators.
BT Networks Database Administration Group – Mar 89 to Jan 91
- Database Administration of the DB2 Relational database
- Help desk for live IDMS Codasyl Databases.
- Total Quality Management facilitation.
BT Advanced Systems Unit. Senior Programmer – Aug 86 to Mar 89.
Selecting, developing and leading programmer/analysts as an effective and cohesive team, providing the Unit’s specialised computing requirements, which involved mainly MVS and Fortran77, as well as some Ramis II. Responsibility for planning and providing the Unit’s hardware, communications, LAN and WAN requirements, as well as setting and maintaining computing standards within the Unit.
BT Programming Team Leader – June 84 to August 86.
Building, training and leading a team of programmer/analysts to provide all Ramis II 4GL services to the whole of BT.
Technical Support Programmer – March 83 to June 84.
In this post I was responsible for installing new releases and options of Ramis II, testing products, and applying maintenances, on the VM/CMS platform.
Support Programmer – Feb 80 to Mar 83.
In this post I was responsible for manning the Ramis II Help Desk, delivering training and programming projects on the MVS/TSO platform.
BT Northern Ireland Finance Executive – May 1977 to Jan 1980
BT Northern Ireland & PO HQ Wales & the Marches – Aug 71 to Feb 80
- Responsible for Investment Appraisal, Accruals, and Audits of Expenditure and Bomb Damage Claims.
- Responsible for building and maintaining class 1 Telecom premises in counties Down, Tyrone and Fermanagh.
- Leading the Engineering and Motor Transport accounts team for Wales & the Marches PO.
- Auditing Head Post Offices.
B.Sc. in Math/Stats from Queens University Belfast in June 1972.
Certified STAT (the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique).
Address: 2A Cultra Station Road
Telephone: 028 9042 1425
Driving Licence: Clean.
Marital Status: Married with two children.
Hobbies: Woodturning and Woodwork, Cycling, Theatre, Table Tennis.